Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

The Gayatri Mantra and the Brahmin

When you are a kid then you are used to taking exams very seriously because if you don’t take them seriously then you loose face in the neighborhood. Wherever you go you find people staring at you as if each one of them has a Xerox copy of your report card. This feeling is even more gripping when your competitors are your dad’s colleague’s children. I still remember the bone chilling experience when my mom or my dad used to come back from office and we used to get marks for papers like Social Studies or Hindi, the two were the subjects which I was not interested in. I was thankful when I got an option after my 8th grade to leave Sanskrit as one of the subjects. I would like to tell you a small incident which made me hate Sanskrit even more, it was when I was in 8th grade the final year after which I thought I’ll get rid of this subject all my life (Although I am least entitled to say such things about Sanskrit because I am a Brahmin, I know I can see your eye brows getting curled in su

Minutes of Meeting with my Childhood...

Details of Turamdih: As they say “AAGAR FIRDAUS BAR RUYE ZAMINAST YO HAMINAST,YO HAMINAST, YO HAMINAST” , I think this quote in my life is not valid for Jammu and Kashmir, of all the places I have seen the place where I spent my child hood is a region with the largest mineral resources which people know as Chotanagpur Plateau. My dads being a Civil Engineer had to go places which were actually no man’s land and transform them into a great residential colony with all the amenities. Why my experience stands aloof from others is because I saw the colony rising from big Hills begin transformed into plain grounds and then a beautiful place to live for the Employees. As a kid we had a gang most of us are now in a corporate mess getting things out of our clients. A place which remains closest to my heart is Turamdih. At a distance of 7 km from Tata Nagar Railway station. When we landed there in 1990 and I was surprised to see a stretch of hills and was fantasized about exploring them. Since

Bulbul and the Lip locking Episode

As I mentioned the class has passed the boundary for adolescence and people started getting crushes on one or the other gal if I don’t tell you about Bulbul and Anamika then it would not be justice to avid readers of my posts. To have a background about both of them: Bulbul as I have known him he was born in Jaduguda and was in same school right from the elementary classes till the 10th grade and he was the guy who scored 100 percent marks in science paper in 10th. He was a sincere and a kind of simple guy with no hard feelings and having a happy go lucky kind of attitude. Here comes Anamika a gal with lot of attitude in her and till date I find her knowledge about English out of the world. Anamika joined our school in 8th grade from a Convent School in Calcutta she came in from there as her dad was transferred from the Cal (Right now Kolkata) to Jamshedpur and she used to stay in the AMD (Atomic Mineral Department) colony which was even more far from school than my place. So she used