Skip to main content

If you do wrong you ought to be punished


Looking at the way I have been writing, it's been pretty obvious that I write when I feel so many thoughts going through my head. Today 29th December is a sad day in the country on the demise of the 23 year old girl after her brutal gang  rape and torture. I have been hearing a lot of noise or news as I must say from various media houses on TV. I personally always had a lot going through my head by getting to know about the no. of incidents of rape over the last year through news channels of course.

Just been introspecting and looking back at my life on what are the incidents where in I saw someone taking a stand against smallest of indecent behavior against the girl. With this post I intend to share all that with you all.

Few days back I updated my Facebook status as :
" For every one of you who commented on #delhirapecase request you to stand up to the eve teasers or make sure you complain about them.. If we do our bit then a social conscience would develop .. as per me this act is result of consistent ignorance by each and every one of us...do this to bring about a social change by being the change..a society is a reflection of the people living in it..next time you see someone getting eve teased or you are the victim then stand up against it.. Let everyone know that disrespecting a woman in any way is something for which one can be debarred from society ..Share it if you like it."
The statement came to me because the people around me taught me not to do such stupid things, as a teenager young boy one is always challenged to show his heroics by doing such acts of stupidity like eve teasing, that makes you the chosen one or may be the SARPANCH of the gang with which you hang out in the evening.
I personally feel that a lot needs to be done as a society from each and every one of us to bring a change in the society where in woman would not be treated with inhuman treatments like domestic violence, rape , eve teasing etc. I would like to share short snippet incident what made me an individual who knows how to respect woman.
Now the question is how did I learn it:
There was this time in our colony that we were celebrating HOLI and the colony had a Russian complex inside too, for the guys it was a dream come true because that was the day when all of us were allowed to get into the Russian complex and for guys it was a dream come true to meet the Russian girls and play HOLI with them.
Everything used to happen within the limits apart from this one time when a group of my seniors were drunk and then on the day of HOLI they manhandled the girl. Since ours was a small colony this news spread like a wild fire. The next course of action taken was that all the parents of the colony met together and the parents of the seniors who were part of the episode agreed to teach each of their kids a lesson. I still remember the father of the guy coming out and letting the mob to take OR I should say drag his son out and taken to the task in front of the whole crowd. The guys were slapped and beaten not profusely but to the right level so that they realize ki "ASLI BAAP KAUN HAI". (WHO's THE BOSS AROUND HERE)
This incident instilled a faith in me that no one who does wrong can do away with it, my seniors also realized that and all of them are leading a respectable life in the same colony. They hold their head high today because they became the symbol of the notion that if you do wrong you will get punished for it.
I saw this whole episode and came to know that this is wrong and made sure that I always discourage the eve teasing and any other sort of act of stupidity against any of the girls. Well I did became infamous in the group sometimes, but I feel that if all of us can do it a little bit from our end then may be whole of India OR WORLD can become a better place to live.

I learned it but why there's so many people who are yet to get this lesson:
This is because I saw the act getting punished and people repenting for it immediately.
But in reality one who does the crime because of our great Indian judicial system which works on the principal of :
takes so much time to decide if the crime was done and how and by whom. 
After that to deliver the judgment it takes so much time that people who were not the part of the crime but have a knack that they might want to commit it in future get a feeling that they can get away with it because the other guy is still able to get away from the actual punishment which he is supposed to get.
FOR ME ITS SIMPLE GUYS THAT IF YOU DO WRONG YOU WILL BE PUNISHED FOR IT. I GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM THE SOCIETY AS A WHOLE. THIS SENSITIZED ME AND MADE ME AN INDIVIDUAL WHICH I AM TODAY.
I am pretty sure that the people who do such heinous crimes would have gotten away with smaller scale crimes in their past, this would have acted as boost to their psychological thinking that if they got away from that crime they can get away from this one too.
All of this is my personal opinion and there's no intention bad mouth about any one.
 
Until next time.

Thanks
Dibyendu
 

Comments

Gayatri said…
Its so good to see a post after such a long gap.well written..And I know U truly believe every word that you have penned down.Alas, I wish people could be as broad minded as you are.

Popular posts from this blog

The Gayatri Mantra and the Brahmin

When you are a kid then you are used to taking exams very seriously because if you don’t take them seriously then you loose face in the neighborhood. Wherever you go you find people staring at you as if each one of them has a Xerox copy of your report card. This feeling is even more gripping when your competitors are your dad’s colleague’s children. I still remember the bone chilling experience when my mom or my dad used to come back from office and we used to get marks for papers like Social Studies or Hindi, the two were the subjects which I was not interested in. I was thankful when I got an option after my 8th grade to leave Sanskrit as one of the subjects. I would like to tell you a small incident which made me hate Sanskrit even more, it was when I was in 8th grade the final year after which I thought I’ll get rid of this subject all my life (Although I am least entitled to say such things about Sanskrit because I am a Brahmin, I know I can see your eye brows getting curled in su

Minutes of Meeting with my Childhood...

Details of Turamdih: As they say “AAGAR FIRDAUS BAR RUYE ZAMINAST YO HAMINAST,YO HAMINAST, YO HAMINAST” , I think this quote in my life is not valid for Jammu and Kashmir, of all the places I have seen the place where I spent my child hood is a region with the largest mineral resources which people know as Chotanagpur Plateau. My dads being a Civil Engineer had to go places which were actually no man’s land and transform them into a great residential colony with all the amenities. Why my experience stands aloof from others is because I saw the colony rising from big Hills begin transformed into plain grounds and then a beautiful place to live for the Employees. As a kid we had a gang most of us are now in a corporate mess getting things out of our clients. A place which remains closest to my heart is Turamdih. At a distance of 7 km from Tata Nagar Railway station. When we landed there in 1990 and I was surprised to see a stretch of hills and was fantasized about exploring them. Since

Bulbul and the Lip locking Episode

As I mentioned the class has passed the boundary for adolescence and people started getting crushes on one or the other gal if I don’t tell you about Bulbul and Anamika then it would not be justice to avid readers of my posts. To have a background about both of them: Bulbul as I have known him he was born in Jaduguda and was in same school right from the elementary classes till the 10th grade and he was the guy who scored 100 percent marks in science paper in 10th. He was a sincere and a kind of simple guy with no hard feelings and having a happy go lucky kind of attitude. Here comes Anamika a gal with lot of attitude in her and till date I find her knowledge about English out of the world. Anamika joined our school in 8th grade from a Convent School in Calcutta she came in from there as her dad was transferred from the Cal (Right now Kolkata) to Jamshedpur and she used to stay in the AMD (Atomic Mineral Department) colony which was even more far from school than my place. So she used