Skip to main content

Minutes of Meeting with my Childhood...

Details of Turamdih:
As they say “AAGAR FIRDAUS BAR RUYE ZAMINAST YO HAMINAST,YO HAMINAST, YO HAMINAST”, I think this quote in my life is not valid for Jammu and Kashmir, of all the places I have seen the place where I spent my child hood is a region with the largest mineral resources which people know as Chotanagpur Plateau. My dads being a Civil Engineer had to go places which were actually no man’s land and transform them into a great residential colony with all the amenities. Why my experience stands aloof from others is because I saw the colony rising from big Hills begin transformed into plain grounds and then a beautiful place to live for the Employees.

As a kid we had a gang most of us are now in a corporate mess getting things out of our clients. A place which remains closest to my heart is Turamdih. At a distance of 7 km from Tata Nagar Railway station.

When we landed there in 1990 and I was surprised to see a stretch of hills and was fantasized about exploring them. Since it was a new project we had to travel 20 km to our school by getting up at 5:30 in the morning and travelling a stretch of 25kms of kuchha roads for one and a half hours to reach the school which used to start at 7:00 am.
I never did any sort of physical training , but my built and my physique I owe a lot to those bumpy roads. By the time School finished and the Jeep used to come back to colony most of the parents had carry their children home because all of us used to sleep in the jeep. It used to be a feast if we used to get ambulance for dropping us to school because it had a bed inside and I loved sleeping over it while returning back from School.

Enough description about the place, but this gives you an idea of where I am coming from (this is not on the same lines which my manager says that “Dibyendu I hope you get where I am coming from”).

Having a gang is one of the most enjoyable things during the school days, as everyone even I had a gang. A gang which comprised of let me count…. one, two, three and four girls. Out of which 2 are married and 1 is getting married next week. We were the bunch of people who never needed a toy to enjoy we always needed a ball and a set of 7 flat stones and start playing the games called as “Pitto”.

I don’t expect all of you to know about this game, but in corporate terms I can always say that this game is the best for a Team to build a team spirit. I never realized that it was only then I’ll be surrounded with girls and as the life moved on the number of girls I have known have been reducing. Well in technical terms “Interaction with girls is inversely proportional to my age”. In other words I can even say that I have friends who are girls but I have no girlfriends. Now how’s that.
Nothing to beat the Team which I had then people would bleed to keep the game up and running. I myself landed up with 5 stitches to equalize with the other team. These are the small tit bits of moral science if we follow in the corporate world I think we can make workplace as a better playground where whole of the Team puts in lot of effort to move ahead and share mutual respect among them. The playing time used to be defined between 5-7 PM and the moment the clock used to Tick 7 every one was back at home completing the assignments and home works. The point is that of we follow the funda of KISS (not the one which girls give) which is “Keep it simple and stupid” which made my child hood a memorable one, wish it happens during the current phase and makes my life a memorable one too.

Thanks
Dibyendu

NB: Have not received any comments about my previous post but request the limited number of users to give there feedback and correct me if i am not heading in the right direction.

Comments

gayatri said…
Metaphorical way to express things are always awesome and u have got a mastery over it.The explicit narration of those places took me on a virtual trip to those places and I really can imagin how they look like.Thanks for reminding a long forgoten "Pitto".
Dibyendu said…
Thanks for the comments gayatri. Well i would ssay its good to hear that you were also a "Pitto" buff. Yet many more things waiting to come out. Lets see when it happens.
Sekhar Misra said…
I have read two of your blogs and your writing style seems to be interesting. The one which quoted "Dib, you got where I am coming from" was great. May be next time when my manager asks me this question, I would reply "No. You did not tell me. How am I supposed to know then?"

Thanks & Regards,
Sekhar Misra
Dibyendu said…
Thanks Sekhar Atleast I got you to read my blog. Keep commenting it helpes me to improve.
Unknown said…
wow u have infused life into our childhood days...it was like living those moments again...and this is really surprisin u hav number of gal frnds n stil don hav a gal-frnd...Really liked d KISS funda...which really cud make our life interesting if applied even today..
Unknown said…
very intresting.I mean the way u have put our childhood memories is something commendalbe.but u missed something..nt something actually so many things.."chupa chupi".we use to play it in the evening time specially when current is not there.Right dibs!and rididng road roller?ha ha ha
Dibyendu said…
Lot of things would have been missed and would like all of you to contribute so that we have one big repositories of stories and you dont have to buy a story book for your kids

Popular posts from this blog

The Gayatri Mantra and the Brahmin

When you are a kid then you are used to taking exams very seriously because if you don’t take them seriously then you loose face in the neighborhood. Wherever you go you find people staring at you as if each one of them has a Xerox copy of your report card. This feeling is even more gripping when your competitors are your dad’s colleague’s children. I still remember the bone chilling experience when my mom or my dad used to come back from office and we used to get marks for papers like Social Studies or Hindi, the two were the subjects which I was not interested in. I was thankful when I got an option after my 8th grade to leave Sanskrit as one of the subjects. I would like to tell you a small incident which made me hate Sanskrit even more, it was when I was in 8th grade the final year after which I thought I’ll get rid of this subject all my life (Although I am least entitled to say such things about Sanskrit because I am a Brahmin, I know I can see your eye brows getting curled in su

Enrichment Process of my School Life

So now my previous post told people where I am from and the backdrop of the place where I spent my childhood days. The place was amazing no doubts about that, but since every coin has two sides the other side of the coin was that I formally landed into a colony life. Well to be precise a Colony in this blog would refer to a Place where people working under the same company stay. This would be a residential area. The unique thing about a colony is that “Everybody knows everything about everybody”, When I say the previous statement it holds good for everyone. People are more interested in other person’s life and this is also discussed over dinner and lunch. There are gossips all around and every move made by the child is monitored by everyone. To have a reputation built up in such a trying condition is indeed tough. Then there’s a competition with the friends around you. For me it was that if I secure 1st Rank in my class then my dad would buy me whatever I asked for after the results.