Skip to main content

My First Post

Hi Archu, Manjit and Tinku
After lot of thinking and a golden oppurtunity of getting manjit's lappy free for 1 night i revived my old blog which was kind of dead the moment it was opened cos i opened it with a lot of Excitement after reading the Book How to make money by blogging, Another of my failed attempts to be successful without hardwork. Well friends i leave it upto you to write the prelude of the book cos wat i can tell you about is current status of my mind and my current frustrations which lead me to write this Book/blog or watever. As people say and i read it somewhere that i m facing my mid life crisis but........I m just 26 years old.......how the heck i cud be facing the mid life crisis......Well...some times i do get a feeling that no body in this world needs me except my boss cos he has lot of issues for me in terms of bugs and change requests in the software which we develop (as they say change is inevitable same applies to a software).....I do get the feeling that I am a run machine ....with people back home relating even the smallest of the things withyour marraige which is the next big thing to happen in the Family.


So I can say that I am single, with a Job in one of the major financial services company as a developer. I belong to the Gennxt of the Indian economy cos i pay more tax a year than my age......Sometimes i wonder was this the destination where of which I always dreamt about....going to a office which has a dispenser which can give you all types of aerated drinks ....Is this the way I m gonna make it big one day.....But Wat do I do to make it big ....solve 8 issues per day for my client in the office or follow my heart. Everything comes with a price so I have to work and follow my heart by running my fingers on the keyboard. The second option is also comes with a price of spending right amount of time with me.

So folks welcome to my world of fortunes and misfortunes of being me.

Thanks
Dibyendu


Gayatri Welcome to the Gang and U cud be my onsite Editor ...Please comment about the Current Post.

Comments

sushant said…
Dibyendu,
I completely identify with your thoughts because where ever you go,thinking that you'll get some quality dispenser...oops i means work but after 2-3 weeks same kind of work,same routine,same life as you said solving 8 issues per day for the client(ya i agree abusing client on a call is one of the options to make your day different but i would not suggest that ;)) so i think blogging is one way to make u happy after writing all your "Dil ki Bhadaas"..so keep blogging dibyendu and i would say that the kind of mental state you mentioned is mainly because of "nothing to achieve" syndrome rather then mid life crisis..Wat you say dibyendu..
Dibyendu said…
Thanks A ton suhsant finally i had somebody who had comments about my blog. To some extent this blog was started with a sense of achieving something, But eventually i realised that its not about money all the time its about having my thoughts shared with a set of people with whom i am comfortable and who can give me the right feedback. I bet i have better stories to tell people than chetan bhagat .....so i plan to share these stories with all of you ....and try to achieve a smile on every ones face who reads it ....
Unknown said…
hey dibyendu...
u hav trully bring into light those major issues that our soul keeps on struggling with...y v have been into tis world? where r v heading towards? n is this is way v hav always wanted to move in...? Keep it up frnd

Popular posts from this blog

The Gayatri Mantra and the Brahmin

When you are a kid then you are used to taking exams very seriously because if you don’t take them seriously then you loose face in the neighborhood. Wherever you go you find people staring at you as if each one of them has a Xerox copy of your report card. This feeling is even more gripping when your competitors are your dad’s colleague’s children. I still remember the bone chilling experience when my mom or my dad used to come back from office and we used to get marks for papers like Social Studies or Hindi, the two were the subjects which I was not interested in. I was thankful when I got an option after my 8th grade to leave Sanskrit as one of the subjects. I would like to tell you a small incident which made me hate Sanskrit even more, it was when I was in 8th grade the final year after which I thought I’ll get rid of this subject all my life (Although I am least entitled to say such things about Sanskrit because I am a Brahmin, I know I can see your eye brows getting curled in su

Minutes of Meeting with my Childhood...

Details of Turamdih: As they say “AAGAR FIRDAUS BAR RUYE ZAMINAST YO HAMINAST,YO HAMINAST, YO HAMINAST” , I think this quote in my life is not valid for Jammu and Kashmir, of all the places I have seen the place where I spent my child hood is a region with the largest mineral resources which people know as Chotanagpur Plateau. My dads being a Civil Engineer had to go places which were actually no man’s land and transform them into a great residential colony with all the amenities. Why my experience stands aloof from others is because I saw the colony rising from big Hills begin transformed into plain grounds and then a beautiful place to live for the Employees. As a kid we had a gang most of us are now in a corporate mess getting things out of our clients. A place which remains closest to my heart is Turamdih. At a distance of 7 km from Tata Nagar Railway station. When we landed there in 1990 and I was surprised to see a stretch of hills and was fantasized about exploring them. Since

Enrichment Process of my School Life

So now my previous post told people where I am from and the backdrop of the place where I spent my childhood days. The place was amazing no doubts about that, but since every coin has two sides the other side of the coin was that I formally landed into a colony life. Well to be precise a Colony in this blog would refer to a Place where people working under the same company stay. This would be a residential area. The unique thing about a colony is that “Everybody knows everything about everybody”, When I say the previous statement it holds good for everyone. People are more interested in other person’s life and this is also discussed over dinner and lunch. There are gossips all around and every move made by the child is monitored by everyone. To have a reputation built up in such a trying condition is indeed tough. Then there’s a competition with the friends around you. For me it was that if I secure 1st Rank in my class then my dad would buy me whatever I asked for after the results.